top of page
3715f0_d1de0ae0942e41b38d663c7551983b61~mv2.jpg

General Discussion

Public·35 members

Some Ramblings from the Rider Coordinator


I’d like to remind everyone that it is Motorcyclist safety Awareness Month See:

https://www.tac.vic.gov.au/about-the-tac/media-room/news-and-events/2026/motorcyclist-awareness-month-puts-rider-safety-in-focus

Sadly, it hasn’t started well in Victoria and three people using motorcycles have recently died while using our roads.

We should all do our best to avoid such tragic and life changing incidents and I will remind everyone of what I try to reinforce at the start of every ride

“Let’s all aim to get home with ourselves, our bikes and our licences intact”.

Safety has been discussed during recent rides and events.

We are all subject to the rules of the road, and the Ulysses Club cannot and does not invoke any rules beyond that.

 I love our branch rides, but the issue of safe overtaking has been raised by many.

  • We do not ride in close formation.  Overtaking is perfectly acceptable provided it is done safely and legally.

  • Some people do reasonably get aggravated or annoyed when overtaken in unsafe or unpredictable circumstances.    Please keep safety paramount and exercise courtesy when overtaking.

  • If a person is riding 2 – 3 seconds behind the ride leader, I believe you simply should not overtake that person as it would not reasonably be expected and could cause a fright and or create a danger.   Same applies if several people are maintaining a safe gaps behind the ride leader. 

  • PLEASE consider your fellow riders and show some courtesy.

  • If overtaking, please consider tooting your horn or flashing your light so you don’t give fellow ride members a fright or scare.

  • I ride for enjoyment and I hope you all do.  Let’s make that enjoyment as safe as possible.


Ride Coordinating Matters.

The ride on 18 October is from Ardeer and we plan to help Central Highlands Branch (Ballarat) celebrate the 30th anniversary of their formation.  Come along – Enjoy a ride and meet some fellow Ulysseans form further afield.  

Many are away over “Cup Weekend” and we don’t have a ride scheduled.  If anyone fancies leading a ride that weekend, please contact me.  We’ll all appreciate it.

We still have vacancies on 22 and 29 November so if someone has something in mind, please contact me.

Midweek rides have also been discussed between members, and many enjoy them.  We’ll schedule them at short notice as circumstances allow.

If you feel like doing a ride yourself please let others know.  You can add it to Facebook at short notice and/or let a committee member know and we can add it to the calendar on this website.   

The Christmas Function has been scheduled for 10th December so put it in your dairy and let Brian know your intentions.    


Cheers

John Cook          

  

                              

5 Views
bottom of page